Nasal Airway Obstruction (NAO) is a common condition estimated to affect millions of people in the U.S. annually.
Nasal Airway Obstruction is not a disease but rather a symptom of an underlying disorder that causes the nasal passages to be blocked or obstructed. Structural blockages may occur naturally or can be caused by injury to the nose. Obstructions are typically found in the septum, nasal turbinates, and lateral wall. By restricting airflow through the nose, NAO can make breathing difficult through one or both sides of your nose.
Meet Jay Kinder,
a patient of Dr. Nicole Klein
About Nasal Obstruction
If you’re having trouble breathing through your nose, you may be suffering from Nasal Airway Obstruction. Common symptoms of NAO include:
- Stuffy nose or nasal congestion
- Restricted nasal airflow
- Snoring or difficulty sleeping
- Difficulty breathing through the nose during physical activity
More than compromising your ability to breathe easily, NAO can also contribute to other health-related conditions and negatively affect daily life, from performance at work to enjoyment of activities with friends and family. Treatments for Nasal Airway Obstruction may include:
- Natural “home” remedies such as breathing strips, nasal dilators and over-the-counter nasal sprays.
- Medical management including nasal steroids, decongestants, and antihistamines.
- Surgical treatment may include septoplasty to correct the shape of the septum.
- Nasal Dilation to expand sinus openings, clear blockages, and relieve symptoms of NAO. Nasal Dilation is a minimally invasive option intended to provide increased nasal space and address the lower nasal septum. This procedure can be performed at the office, a surgical care facility, or a hospital.
In some instances nasal airway obstruction can be treated through a minimally invasive procedure, and may be performed in the office or under general anesthesia. Office based procedures are minimally invasive, do not require general anesthesia, and result in a quick recovery time and return to regular activity, often within 48 hours.
“I was referred to Dr. Klein by numerous people and she came through by taking incredible care of my newborn son’s condition. She is a great communicator and ensured I understood the procedure.”
“Dr. Klein’s knowledge of cutting-edge technologies for facial restorative work has been instrumental in my efforts to maintain a more youthful appearance.”
“Dr. Klein helped to identify on-going sinus issues and treat them through minimally invasive procedures. I feel so much better and can breathe more freely.”
GET EXPERT ENT CARE
Dr. Nicole Klein is a highly-regarded ENT physician with sought-after experience to treat a broad range of patient concerns.
Board-Certified ENT Head & Neck Surgeon Facial Rejuvenation General ENT Surgery #nicolekleinmd 📍@OAFacialPlastics + Otolaryngology Associates
Dr. Nicole Klein is a board-certified Otolaryngologist (ENT) serving patients in the greater Indianapolis area. Her ENT and Facial Plastics practice is affiliated with Otolaryngology Associates and OA Facial Plastics.
OA Facial Plastics \ Ste 449
Otolaryngology Associates \ Ste 445
11725 Illinois Street
Carmel, IN 46032
18051 River Avenue, Suite 104
Noblesville, IN 46032
© 2022 Nicole Klein MD. All Rights Reserved. Website Design + Build by Pence Media Group | Photography by Ashley Wittmer Photography | Videography by Michael Durr